thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 and Other Stuff

The weekend before Thanksgiving, my sister had two bridal showers on the same  day. There was a family one and a ward one. It was really nice to see friends and family I hadn't seen in a while. They went very nice and Susan was spoiled to death. She received nice gifts for her and Kendrick to use when they get married. I can't believe that in almost 20 days she's gonna be married! It's so crazy to think about it. That same weekend, Niels was able to give my dad a blessing because he was going to be having back surgery (it actually happened this past Monday, the 2nd). We had to do it that weekend because we weren't having Thanksgiving my family this year because it was Niels' family's turn.

We had Thanksgiving in Burley this year. It was a nice holiday and nice to be together with everyone. We had Thanksgiving dinner about 4:00 pm, but it was worth the wait because everything was so delicious! Food is a big part of the Palmer family and we all enjoy cooking and baking, which is a good thing. The Palmer family also knows how to cook yummy food and season things just perfectly. We played games, did crafts, talked, had fun, played more games, did projects, and cooked and cooked this past Thanksgiving weekend. This is what happens when we all together and it is a great way to make and build memories and relationships with each other. We also were happy to finally meet Joelyn's boyfriend. Everyone got a little upset and worried about her relationship because we mostly found out through facebook. Yep, that made everyone feel clueless because none of us have heard of her even going on dates once or twice with this boy. But it all turned out nice and I think everyone likes him. He seems nice.

Well, that's it for this post. I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving because I got wrapped up in everything that was going on. A couple more things I should mention, that I just remembered, is that Katie Beth, Heidi, and Lauren are all about 3 years old and they are the best of friends. It was so cute to watch them play with each other and tell everyone that they are friends. And the last thing is that Haylee was able to stand up with out help from any object and stand up just fine for a few seconds before she loses balance and falls on her bottom. She just turned one this month and so because of this new thing we all know she's going to be walking anytime soon now.

No comments:

Post a Comment