December 14th and 15th, our stake choir did a Christmas concert, and we decided to take part of the choir. We practiced for about 2 months every Sunday night. The 14th performance went well. Melanie, Benton, Bonnie, Porter, Andelyn, William, and Haylee all came that night to see our performance. The spirit was strong and all the songs went well. After the performance, there were I think 300-500 different nativities in the cultural hall, that we went and looked around at them. The kiddos of course wanted to touch them, so all of us adults had to keep making them have their hands to their sides. We all went to Arctic Circle for dinner afterwards and it was fun watching them play in the play area because Haylee was having a ball going down the slides and playing with her siblings.
December 15th's performance was even better than the night before. The spirit was so strong! While singing The First Noel (it was a different rendition), I had to choke back tears because I just felt the spirit so strong. I think it definitely went better the second night than the first night. This performance had about 1100 people, way more than we had seating so more chairs had to be set up. There were people that even had to sit on the stage clear in the back and people were sitting in between the tables where the nativities were placed.
All in all, I'm glad I was part of the choir. I guess I should mention that the Presbyterian Church had their hand bell choir part of the performance as well. They played some beautiful songs. Anyways, let's see if I can remember what we sang: How Far Is It To Bethlehem, The First Noel, Song of Bethlehem, Hallelujah Chorus and the congregation sang with the choir two songs from the hymn book- Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Hark the Herald Angels Sing during the other songs. We tried to be good missionaries and invited people to come, but nobody we invited we came, but that's alright because people get super busy during the month of December. I'm grateful for the experience I had singing and we might do it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment