thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Susan's Married!!!!

This past Friday, December 27th, my sister got married! It was a beautiful day and Susan looked gorgeous. She married a great guy named Kendrick and they looked super happy. I'm so happy for them and that Susan finally found the guy for her. They make a great couple and I hope they have a wonderful life. On the 26th, we got the church ready and Niels and I made the bouquet and Kendrick's sister-in-law was our life saver and made the boutonnieres after Niels told her how he envisioned them. She made it so we weren't making the flowers all night long. For the first time making the bouquet and boutonnieres(because we made the boutonnieres the following night), I think we did great.

When we reached the hallway to the sealing room, I started getting emotional because I could feel the spirit really strong. Then, right as we sat down in the sealing room, I felt this overwhelming feeling of love and I knew it was my grandpa. He was there and it was such a great feeling. I of course turned to Niels and told him and I just started crying. My aunt walked in and saw how I was emotional and she just told me to breathe, so I told her I was feeling grandpa and so she became emotional because she could feel him too. My dad said she kept looking to her left and nobody was sitting there, so it was probably because she felt grandpa sitting next to her.

The sealer knew grandpa because he worked with grandpa with the sealings when he was alive. He talked about grandpa at the beginning, and it was great hearing more wonderful things about him. He also said a lot of neat things during the sealing and it was very powerful.

Niels and I helped out at the beginning in the kitchen to get things ready for the reception once it started. Then were able to enjoy the evening after we helped get things started with the hot chocolate. Everything looked beautiful and I hope I got what the tables looked like with the centerpieces to show you. There was also a reception the next night in Wellington. It was nice that it wasn't so rushed, it felt a little more calm. Niels and I made the parents another boutonniere and helped get the plates prepared again. Here are some pictures from the wedding/receptions:
The new Mr. & Mrs. Powell





 We're just missing Tanya, Joe's fiance...we're all in a relationship/married
 Dad was the bouquet holder



 Kendrick's mom made this beautiful quilt and pillow (along with some of her friends). The picture makes the royal blue look a little purplish, but it isn't.
 Here's a picture of the centerpieces in Wellington

 What the treat plate looked like. Niels along with my family members frosted 425 cookies all day the day before the wedding.
 The moms' boutonniere we made in Wellington and how it looked on the wedding day as well.
 The rest of the boutonnieres looked like this as well.
 This isn't a good picture, but I liked how I caught Susan yawning, she was tired. This is at the Wellington reception.

We spent the night in Price and went to church in Wellington. Kendrick's family is very nice and very down to earth people. Susan married into a very great family. They invited us over for lunch after church and we were able to get to know each other and talk in a better setting since the wedding day and the days leading to it are quite hectic. They are just an awesome family. 

Once again...Hooray for Susan and Kendrick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment