Sunday December 1st, Niels and I put up most of our Christmas decorations. I like having them up because for one thing, it's because I actually have decorations for this holiday unlike other holidays, and the second is because I love Christmas. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday! I love the feeling of it, I love Christmas music, I love Christmas movies, I love everything about it!
On Monday for our family home evening, I gave a lesson from Elder Hales' article in this month's Ensign called The Promise of Christmas. I think you should all read it because it is a great article! Elder Hales talks about the different prophecies of the Savior's coming; the promise that we receive because He came to earth, which is to become His son's and daughter's; the meaning of Christmas, which is strengthening others, giving, and expressing our love and testimony of the Savior; and then he lastly talks about how we can obtain the promise. I mentioned, after we went over this article and what I liked about it, that I wanted to read one scripture a day, whether it's one verse or several, that is on Jesus Christ and His mission or about His birth or helping others. After our lesson, we finished decorating the house and decorating the Christmas tree.
We have been doing the scripture references that focus on Jesus Christ and I just love focusing on the Savior because He is the reason for this holiday. I'm grateful that He came to earth to be our best example, to teach the gospel, to show mercy on others, and to do the atonement. I'm grateful how selfless He was about everything and the lessons He taught. I'm grateful to know of the Savior and to know He loves and cares for me just as much as the next person. I'm grateful that we can celebrate His birth and all His doings. I hope you all remember the reason why we celebrate this holiday instead of focusing on all the commercialization of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment