The week I had to bake all of the sugar cookies, we had three different Christmas parties to attend. The Thursday, the 19th I think it was, was Niels' work party. That went well and we had some yummy food. Not too much happened there. Then Friday, the 20th, it was our ward Christmas party. That was the day I made the last of the cookies and then I remembered I signed up to make soup, so I frantically made hamburger soup. We were late, so nobody had our soup, therefore we ate some the next couple days and then froze the rest. The primary put on a program of the Luke 2 nativity story and they sang songs in between the verses. It was really nice and cute to watch them. Then Santa came after that. It was a short party (most of them are with our ward), but it was nice to gather with everyone.
Niels' family Christmas party was the rest of the weekend and on Monday December 23rd. Saturday we went to the Youth Ranch in Rupert because they were putting on something for the public to come look at. There was a room filled with trains and Porter just loved that room. There was a room that you could sing Karaoke with Christmas songs, there was room where there was hot chocolate, apple cider, and cookies along with meeting Santa Clause. There was a pony ride outside that was super bumpy, but the kids loved it! Sunday, we made hors d'oeurves and opened up family gifts (Niels' family draws names). We got a steam juicer so we can make our own juices! We also played games. Monday, we had dinner, Holly opened up her birthday gifts because it was her birthday, and then we played games. It was a packed 3 days of fun and food. We enjoy spending time with friends and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment