Okay, it's been a month since I last wrote. We had a pretty eventful June, so I will post what we did.
June 9th we had a family reunion on my mom's side down in St. George at her house. It was a lot of fun. It was good to see her side of the family, since it has been quite some time (about 6 ot 7 years) since I've seen that extended family. We had a lunch (hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, salsa, salads, pies) and then we played a couple of games that my Aunt Ellen (my mom's sister) came up with. Then, this happened...
It was fun to watch everyone get into the water fight, especially my Great-Aunt Barbara. Here are a few more pictures of the waterfight:
Last weekend, we went to Monticello to help Niels' parents with a huge meal they were serving on the friday at the Navajo Reservation that they live close to. We served about 600-700 people. It was ridiculous. I cooked the hot dogs and Niels and his dad cooked the hamburgers, then the other family members were doing salads, fruit, etc. It was so hot, but cooking made it worse. We also helped get their house a little more ready to move since they are moving to Preston soon. OH, and Niels' parents, Lois and Joel, got their mission call...they're going to the Ohio Cleveland Mission and they will be a visitor center couple, so they'll be in Kirtland. I am so excited for them! It will be such a great experience to learn more about the church's history.
The last fun thing that we did in June, actually happened yesterday. Niels' work, Glanbia, had their 21st Birthday Bash at the Filer Fairgrounds and they had all sorts of fun things during the day. We had 9 of our nieces and nephews here for them to play on it along with, Melanie and Nancy (Niels' two oldest sisters) and Joel and Lois. It was in the high 90's yesterday so it was super hot, but it was just fun to watch the kids enjoy themselves. Here are a few pictures of what they had/what they did:
I love this! Jarom is looking up at Batman (look at little boy standing at the bottom left, in case you couldn't see him).
It was a lot of fun and I'm so happy that part of the family was able to come up because it made the day! After all this fun, Niels and I volunteered for an hour and half and at the dinner checking for wristbands, because those are what got you into the dinner. Then after that, they had a concert. We got them for free since Niels works for Glanbia. Awesome, right! Can't go wrong with free (oh, us two got in free for everything, but we got the family in for $5 a person which really isn't that bad!). We only got to watch about 10 minutes of the opening act by the time we got to the rodeo stadium where the concert was held on the fairgrounds, but we did hear them while volunteering. They sounded good, and apparently, they're a local band. They're called the Jason Lugo Band. Here is a picture of them:
Then, after they were done, we waited for a half an hour for the main band....Montgomery Gentry! That's right! Here is a picture of us waiting and of their buses(they had like 3 or 4, crazy!):
I guess I should mention the concert was also open to the public, they had to pay $20 before the day or $25 at the door, which isn't bad at all! But I'm sure Glanbia paid a pretty penny for them to perform. Anyways, the concert was great! They played a few songs I knew: This is My Town, Heck Yeah (but not using the word heck), Something to be Proud of, Gone, Where I Come From, If You Ever Stop Loving Me, and Roll With Me. They also played quite a few new songs from their new album. Here are a few pictures of them singing:
Here is one of my favorite songs that they sang and that I know:
So there you have it, our adventures in June in one blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment