This was taken on the last day, so we're quite grungy looking from not showering
This is the cave we did the hike in, there were a lot of cool formations
Niels and I got into some trouble...
Mom and Dad Palmer goofing around
Do you see the rabbit?
This cute family came down every night, it was just off the side where we were at
Niels went to a work conference for 4 days in Phoenix, Arizona because his boss couldn't end up making it. He sat in a lot of different classes learning new things that he can use in work. That same week he was gone was girls camp for my stake. I went up on the Wednesday and spent the night and left after lunch on Thursday (they only wanted 2 leaders from each ward up there). I had a good time while up at camp. We have such a good group of girls! Here is a picture during our hike. It is the 4th years and first years, so only part of our ward and only half of my Mia Maids. (During the day they had the girls split up into each year of camp they were in).
Then the Refugee Center I volunteer at had Refugee Days and Niels and I went. They had different booths for each country and they had traditional clothing and info with some food. We became full off of eating a sample from each booth (actually we weren't able to eat from 2 booths because we were full). Then they had some entertainment from a few of the different countries. Here is a dance a few of the Burmese citizens. The first girl and the girl in yellow are the daughters in the family that I help out. There are 8 states in Burma and each girl is wearing the traditional clothing from each one.
Last week, my (Sarah's) parents, grandma and sister came to visit us. It was so good to have them here! We took them to Shoshone Falls and had a dinner picnic their first night. Then on another day, I took them to Rock Creek Station which is part of the Oregon Trail (I blogged about it back in March in our anniversary blog) and then I drove them to Malad Gorge up by Hagerman, ID. Then Niels met us at the temple in the evening and we all did a temple session. Here are some pictures:
These were all taken at Malad Gorge
Here is dad playing the pump organ at the house at Rock Creek Station
The week that they were here went by way too fast. But, that's the way it goes. Vacations always go fast. They left friday and we did as well. It was the extended Palmer family reunion (aunts, uncles, cousins) in Preston. That went well also. Saturday was my good friend Kacey's wedding, so it worked out perfectly since it was in Logan. Saturday evening we went to her reception, met up with Susan, and then we rushed back to Preston to make it back for the rodeo. The Preston rodeo is a huge thing their. We were only a few minutes late. Here is a picture of the reception. Don't mind me, I just look like a fat cow from the angle the picture was taken at.
Just to explain my positioning, I jumped in right before this was taken. It looked like Kacey's husband didn't want to be in the picture so I went by Kacey, but then from the corner of my eye, it looked like he was leaning in to be in the picture, so I ducked down.
Wasn't she beautiful?! The rodeo was fun, afterwards, we rode the ferris wheel, which it was my first carnival/fair ride and Niels' first ferris wheel ride. Susan rode with Porter, Niels' and my nephew. It was fun. So there you have it, July was full of family time and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment