thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, October 21, 2013

The First Few Days of October

Back at the beginning of this month, I had a lot of things going on all the same days. I went to Salt Lake to go to the doTERRA convention and I enjoyed it a lot. doTERRA is an essential oil company and I went to their convention with Nancy, my sister-in-law, to learn more about the company and oils, which I did! It was very informative and enjoyed going there and spending time with Nancy, since we don't see each other very often because she lives in Arkansas. The convention was Oct 2nd-4th and on the 4th, I had other things going on as well. I went dress shopping in the morning with Susan, since she's getting married on December 27th (I'm so excited for her and her fiance Kendrick). Then I went to the afternoon doTERRA session. After that was finished, I called up to see where my Young Women's group was because they were down in Salt Lake for that weekend.

I was able to meet up with my group when they were getting ready to go hike to Ensign Peak. I was so excited they were doing that and that I was able to go with them. I would go hiking there with the Young Men's and Young Women's in my ward that I grew up in. I love the view and I love the feeling once I get up there. I enjoyed the hour I was able to spend with them, since I couldn't be with them for the Temple Square Tour earlier that day and then for General Conference the next day. From what I hear, all the Young Women enjoyed their time there, which I'm happy for that because there were some girls that really needed to feel that Spirit that you feel on Temple Square.

On that Saturday of General Conference, we went to Eagle Mountain to be with Niels' family since everyone was meeting up to be with Nancy. I dropped Niels off at Brian and Tracy's then I wen to Provo to go dress shopping with Susan again. We went to Allyse's Bridal and were there for an hour because Susan found her dress. It is beautiful! I went back to Eagle Mountain, after I had to get help to open my car because I was stupid and locked my keys in my car. It was nice to spend time with everyone and to watch General Conference as one big family.

It was good to be able to spend time with them as well as my family and my Young Women that week/weekend. I learned a lot of new things and I had fun talking and being with everyone. Here are some pictures of being with the girls...

The Great Salt Lake is in the distance

The view of Salt Lake from Ensign Peak



The girls that were able to come down with a couple of the leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment