It's been quite the month. Our main focus has been focused on finishing the chicken coop, which I will say, we are almost done! Hallelujah! We just have to finish painting the exterior (just a couple small walls), finish insulating/putting up the inside walls, sanitize the old bed thingys (can't think of the name) and put that up, and last but not least, put up the chicken run fencing. I'm leaving for St. George to take care of my mom, she's having surgery tomorrow, and hopefully by the time I get back, the chickens will be moved into their new mansion. I was hoping to have them in before I left, but at least we're really close.
Father's Day was a nice day. It was pretty much relaxed. We didn't do much after church. But for dinner, we had steak, corn on the cob, twice baked potatoes, green beans, watermelon, and cantaloupe. And for dessert, I made this brownie dessert thing. It was delicious! I found the recipe here http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/07/decadent-brownie-pudding-dessert.html. It really was heavenly! I would definitely recommend it. I didn't do the full tub of cool whip on the top and I didn't do the chocolate shavings. I thought it had enough of those two throughout it. After dinner and dessert, we were outside for a little bit because it was such a nice evening. (We of course called our fathers earlier in the evening to wish them a Happy Father's Day and talked with them). Then we played a couple rounds of Rummikub and a full game of Phase 10. I was really shocked with Phase 10 because I usually get to a certain point where it takes a few tries to get to the next level, but I was lucky and able to have what I needed each time around. I told Niels that that never happens for me and how unlucky I usually am. Anyways, it was a nice day and it ended nicely as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment