thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, July 1, 2013

St. George

My mom had surgery on the 21st of June, so I went down to take care of her. I arrived the day before so I could be there to take her to the hospital. We were there all day long! My mom was anxious, so we got to the hospital a half an hour early. Her surgery went well, we just had to wait for her oxygen level to be better, which is basically the reason why we were there all day. I was there for a week to take care of her. We had some good times and some lower times do to my attitude, but we learned from each other. 

This last Wednesday, the 26th, we went to Apple Valley to visit my Uncle David. It's about a 45 minutes from St. George. It was nice to go up there and visit with him. He came over on the Sunday I was down there as well. He is my favorite uncle. I try to visit family whenever I'm down at my mom's, and when I do get down there, he tries to come see us as well. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and it was a nice time.

Thursday, the 27th, we went up to Pine Valley and had a picnic by the camping areas. We were able to find a nice shaded spot and just enjoyed the view and the slight breeze. We then went to the Pine Valley church and took a tour. My third great grandfather, William Snow, helped build the ground level of the church. He was also the first bishop there. Elder Holland is also related to him, but through a different wife than us. It was nice to see the church and what it looks like. It is known as the boat church because the builder of the second level built boats/ships and that is all he knew how to do, so the inside ceiling looks like and upside down boat. We then went to Washington City Cemetery to see my grandparents' graves.

I got back home on Saturday and it was great to see Niels again. I hate being away from him but we both had the understanding that mom needed me. We are now in the process of getting our house and yard ready for our family reunion that is being held at our place. Everyone will be here by Thursday, so we have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time, but we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment