Niels, Melanie, and Benton have been building our chicken coop the past couple of months. It has been a slow process, but we are getting closer. These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago as well from when they came up one Monday evening to do some more work on it. I also helped with putting up the walls and keeping them in place when Niels and Melanie (they switched off and on) drilling the holes and putting in the posts to keep it in.
Our chickens are getting bigger! We look a little white trash because of how we have a little area made up for them to be outside, but that's how it will have to be until we finally finish the coop. I also guess I should say that we went down in number on the chickens. We bought 13 chicks, but while I was out in Ohio, we lost 4 because a loose dog killed those 4 chicks. Now we are even more cautious while they are outside.
Hooray, all four wall frames are up!
Anyways, this is all that I should have written back in May. It was a good month, even though it had quite a bit of recovering during it.






No comments:
Post a Comment