thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Half Way Done

Niels and I are now on our 5th week of the eight week get healthy thing, which means we're half way done with it! I have lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks, which is nice. Would it be better if I have lost more, yes. But it's not healthy lose so much in such a short amount of time. We're doing well with getting all our fruits and veggies in each day. And, although I've been craving sweets off and on (usually when I'm making treats for mutual), I've done really well with only eating the one day a week that they let us have. I'm really proud of myself and how strong I realized am with resisting the treats, even though I want to at times. I'm really happy that Niels and I decided to do this together. It makes it so much easier for me. He has also been a strength for me in helping me resist my sweet tooth cravings. I just tell him I'm having a hard time and he tells me I can do it and just talks to me and I start forgetting about it.

On another note, Susan was here with us this weekend and it was a lot of fun. Although, it felt like I didn't see her at all because it went by so fast. We had some good talks and we all went to the temple on Saturday afternoon and did an endowment session. Sunday, we went to church (of course) and we went on a nice drive out to Hagerman to see the thousand springs. There were some waterfalls on the hillsides, but it will be so much better in spring/summer to go there and see them. Susan left yesterday because it was supposed to storm today. I was disappointed that she had to go sooner, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Niels and I went bowling for fhe yesterday and it was so fun. I of course wasn't very good at it, but that's usually how it is. I like the gutter for some reason. We played two games and Niels beat me both times. Although, I almost beat him in the second game, but I got both gutter balls on the 10th round. It had been a really long time since we had bowled so I'm happy we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment