thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

Niels and I went to St. George to be with my mom for Thanksgiving. It was a death of a drive-9 hours long. We didn't get there until 1:30 am on Thursday. But that's alright. I was ready to be done travelling (the same on the way back home on Sunday). It was nice to see family that I haven't seen for 5 months and it was nice to relax and not have do much. We took it pretty easy every day we were there. My mom lives in a 55+ trailor court and there was a swimming pool and hot tub. We took advantage of that and swam a couple of the days. Poor Ginger wasn't too happy because she had to be chained up with her leash because my mom didn't have a fence to hold her in. We took her on a couple of walks a day and we brought one of her tennis balls and we played catch with her. She enjoyed that especially because she was off that leash. When we got back hom on Sunday night, she was running all over the yard and just so happy to be free.

On Saturday, we went to an evening temple session with mom, Susan, and my cousin Kristi and her husband Kevin. It was a great session! Niels and I were able to be the witness couple and during the session I had a thought of something I never pondered about with the movie. It was great. The St. George Temple is beautiful, it was so nice to go there on our last night.

Since this is a post on Thanksgiving, I thought I would give a few things of what I'm grateful for:

  1. Niels-He's such a loving and patient husband and works so hard to provide for us
  2. My family-both blood and in-laws, they are so wonderful and I love all of them
  3. My church calling-I love being with the Young Women
  4. Exercise-I'm feeling better about myself, even though it seems like nothing is working like I want to at times
  5. Having a warm house-we're so fortunate to have been able to buy a house
  6. Crafting with Niels-it's just so much fun working on things together
  7. The gospel-I don't know where I would be without the gospel and the church. It is such a blessing to have in my life
  8. My testimony-I love how it keeps growing
  9. The Atonement-My Savior Jesus Christ loves me
  10. The Scriptures-I love learning something new every time I read them
  11. Prayer-Being able to talk to Heavenly Father is such a gift
  12. Ginger-She's such a great dog
  13. Friends-I have such amazing friends that I have met and having gotten to know throughout my life
  14. A heater-It's nice to be warm on a cold day
  15. Desire-I love having the desire to become better, to improve in certain areas in my life, etc
That will be all for now. These are just a few items that I'm grateful to have in my life. Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment