No, this blog post isn't about the song by The Village People, but it's about the community gym. This is week 3 of being members at the Y and we're enjoying it! That says a lot about two people who aren't much exercisers. We decided to join them because 1) I got tired of us both complaining about how fat we are (I never thought Niels was in the first place) and not doing anything about it and 2) because I've heard from several people that Gold's Gym isn't the best place to go.
Anywho, there are two Y's and the city pool is also part of it, so we can get into any of them with our card. We're on the family payment plan, which isn't too bad, and the best part is that there is no 2 year contract! We are doing the month to month payment plan so if we decide that there is a month that is too busy to go, we can say not this month. They also have a year payment where they say it's a better deal because it's like 2 months free compared to the month to month. But, we just are seeing if we'll keep at it.
We're both a little sore from the workouts, but it's not a painful sore if that makes sense. We meet each other at the one that is closest to our house after Niels is done at work. I'm feeling better about myself and I feel like I have more energy. Working out isn't as bad because we have someone to work out with and we both have the same goal, it's great!
No comments:
Post a Comment