This is Niels pointing to the Statue of Liberty across the Hudson River
This is at Washington Square Park
This is a the Met (Metropolitan Museum) and it was one of Niels' favorite rooms. He loved knights when he was a kid.
The Cloisters. This museum was built to look like a mideval castle to go along with all the mideval statues, art, etc that they have from Europe. It was super cool and it made me miss France.
The park you see is Central Park. We are on top of the Rockefeller building. You can see a whole lot of New York up there it was pretty amazing.
Here we are sitting and waiting for Phantom of the Opera to start. FYI, it was AMAZING!!! The time went by so fast, I couldn't believe it.
This is the new 9/11 memorial that opened this past September for the 10th anniversary of the attacks. This is Niels and Rick standing in front of where the South Building was, the one everyone saw the plane hit on TV. There was such a strong heavy feeling at this place, it's just hard to explain it. I enjoyed seeing it.
This is Rick and Niels standing in front of the "survivor" tree. It is the only tree on the grounds that survived all the mess of 9/11.
This is a super old cemetary in a church lot. They have headstones that date back to the early 1700's.
This is of course the Statue of Liberty. For some reason, I thought it was some huge thing, but it really isn't as big as I thought it would be.
This is NYC on the way back from Staten Island. We are on the Staten Island Ferry.
Central Park is where my brother works. This is Rick and I close to the area of the grounds he takes care of.
This is the only picture that I have of us three together. This is also at Central Park.
This was the White Star Lines dock that the Titanic was supposed to come to. They now made it into a platform they made for dances and things like that.
The Manhattan Temple. It was the only rainy day of our trip and it rained hard that day.
Us at the Museum of Natural History
We went to FAO Shwarz, the big toy store. They have a huge candy section as well.
FAO Swharz was made famous by the movie Big, which stars Tom Hanks. Here is how it was made famous:
This is a Navy Ship that was used in WWII and the Cold War that is now a museum, it was quite cool!
This is a submarine that was used in the Cold War as well. Submarines are NOT spacious at all!
Here is an example of how skinny everything is and how you have to duck to get to certain places.
The top favorites of the trip for us was seeing/spending time with Rick, seeing Phantom of the Opera, going to the temple (you walk in and you can't hear a thing going on outside!), pretty much all the museums and the architecture, and the taxi ride we had. Here is how the taxi ride was unforgettable...We were heading back from dinner our first night there and the driver was driving too fast and way CRAZY! It was like the bus scene off of Harry Potter 3. He was squeezing through cars that he should have not been able to and we were just hanging on for dear life. Then, a car was pulling out from the side of the road, and he hit them. There wasn't a car on the other side so he could have moved, or he could have even stopped because we all saw the car coming out. He got out said it was the other people's fault and then got back in the taxi and drove off. It was ridiculous. Here is the Harry Potter scene that we basically experienced:
Now here are a couple of the terrible experiences from New York:
I woke up the day we were coming home from New York with 4 beautiful mosquito bites. That's right, a mosquito attacked me during the night (and we got them throughout the trip, but this was the worst!). Niels said it is because I have sweet cheeks, I just rolled my eyes at him.
Here is the other terrible experience, my small toe built up an ugly blister. It started from our first day there and it just kept getting bigger from all the walking we did.
Isn't that just nasty?! Well, there you have it, our trip to New York. It was really great, but we're glad to be back home. I don't think we could ever live there because of how busy it is.
First of all, I love the beginning picture on your blog. Second, I like how your husband said that you have sweet cheeks that's so cute! AND I was laughing slash grossed out from your toe pictures. LOL why do I heart you so much!?!?!
ReplyDeleteLeah, thanks! I know that toe picture is gross...but I needed to show how terrible it was. I don't know why you heart me so much, I guess I'm just a likeable person! I hope you're doing well. We definitely to meet up sometime in the near future because I need my Leah fix!
ReplyDelete