thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Date Night

Last night we went on such a fun date night! The drive-in theater opened up towards the beginning of this month. We drive past it all the time and this week we saw that they were playing these movies:


If you can't read it because it is blurry and filthy looking (I took the picture through the back window of the truck) it says the Lorax and Mirror Mirror. We have been wanting to watch these for a while because the previews looked good. We made a plan that we would go friday evening. The theater is opened only on fridays and saturdays and the movies switch every week. At the beginning of the week it was nice weather, but from wednesday on, it was cooler and rainy. I was getting quite nervous because it was raining earlier in the day, but it was fine from like 5:00 and on through the rest of the evening, but it was quite cool and windy (for those of you who don't know this, Idaho is super windy a lot of the time, rarely we don't get any wind).

Well, we prepared ourselves for the cold. We brought four big warm blankets, wore sweaters, covered our heads, etc so we would be warm. And alas, we were. Here are a couple of pictures of us braving the cold:



Here is a random picture of the movie screen:



We went all decked out. We laid in the back of the truck on one of the mattresses from our hide-a-beds, brought couch cushions to prop us up, pillows, blankets, etc. We were SO comfortable! We also popped popcorn and brought some water. We were so excited and kept saying how fun it was before the movies started. I was good through the Lorax and then everybody who knows me, when it's late and I watch a movie past a certain time, I fall asleep. And that I did during Mirror Mirror. I saw a total of 10 minutes of it and I was knocked out. I didn't even feel tired when it started but 10 minutes into it, I somehow zonked out. I felt bad, but that's just how I am. Rarely do I make it through a movie past 10:30 without falling asleep at some point. I don't know what my deal is, but that has been an occurence of mine for as long as I can remember. Even though I fell asleep, I enjoyed my date night and wasn't bored.

One of the reasons why we like drive-in theaters is that they are much cheaper than regular movie theaters and you get to see two movies at the price of one. What was the price you ask? Well, it was $12 all together, yep that is right we paid $6 per person and saw two movies. That is how we roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment