Ever since we moved into our house, we've had different cats that like to be in our yard. There used to be an orange cat hanging around often and then left, but then a black cat came around and enjoyed our yard. I have seen a couple different cats here and there as well. But the dang cats didn't do their job while hanging around our house. About a week ago, while I was in my basement watching TV, I saw something out of the corner of my eye...a mouse. It quickly went under the door into our cellar. We put a couple of mouse traps down there and the stupid thing was able to eat everything on one of the mousetraps without getting caught. The other one should work better if it went inside it to the poison/peanut butter. It likes peanut butter since it ate all of it on the trap that didn't do it's job as well. I don't like mice and I guess I asked for it living in an old farmhouse with 55 acres of fields behind the house.
Another type of animal that likes us is deer. How I know this is because we have a couple of spots with their treasure on our lawn (their poop). I don't mind them coming on my property for now because our garden hasn't really been planted yet, but I don't like them thinking they can leave stuff behind. But whatever.
Then the last animal that somehow liked us was a bird. Here is the story...Yesterday I kept hearing noises in the late morning to the afternoon. I thought someone was trying to break into my house. Then, I heard it coming from our wood stove. I thought oh somehow a bird got in there. Then when I talked to Niels on his lunchbreak (he usually calls me on his break) I told him how I thought there was a bird in the wood stove because I heard some noises in it. Then he said how he hoped it wasn't a raccoon. Well that started in my huge imaginations. I went into the basement with the door closed because the noise kept getting louder and the more the animal moved. Finally I called Niels back like an hour later and I said that I heard scratching noises and it freaked me out. He came home to get the animal out and it was a black bird of some sort. we put a big black garbage bag in front of the door way and it finally got into it and then it went crazy. It was trying to fly all over the place in the bag. Niels took it out and opened the bag and it flew out and away as fast as it could. The poor thing was scared from falling into the chimney then being stuck inside the wood stove for several hours. Niels then went back to work after he saved me (he really doesn't know he saved me from my strange imaginations). So there you have it, the tales of strange animals that we have attracted to us.
Sounds like you guys don't have much of a dull moment around your house! haha
ReplyDelete