It's been good to have her home. She'll be living with me, starting next week, until the weekend before school starts. This will be good for me so I won't be so lonely with Niels being in Twin Falls working. Speaking of which, this was his third week working. He's been enjoying it and all. He came down the first weekend and last weekend I went up. On monday, July 4th, we went up to Twin Falls to get acquainted with the place (he's been living with his sister in Burley and doesn't know Twin Falls very well). We got lost, but got somewhat familiar with it, but to tell the truth, I think I'll get lost all the time for my first couple of months up there when we move up there. They don't have much of a grid system. Anyways, we went to Shoshone Falls, which isn't too far from Twin, and it was pretty.
Here's a couple pictures at Shoshone Falls
Apparently the water flow was low compared to last month, but we thought it was going well anyways. Someone told us that usually you can't see the white rocks between the falls (or something like that) and that you can't see the bottom because of the mist. Because we thought it was amazing anyways, I can't wait to see what it looks like when the water flow is high next spring.
We also went and saw the Twin Falls Temple. It is pretty and it is small compared to some temples I'm used to.
Here are a couple of different angles of the temple that I took from the car:
We saw quite a few different houses for sale and we got some cataloges to look through as well. I've also been looking online for different places to live in Twin Falls. I need to be honest with you, I HATE looking for housing. It just takes time and I just don't like it. This might also go along with the fact that I HATE moving. The packing, unpacking and all that crap. I just can't WAIT until we have a place of our own and that we don't have to move for a very long time.
Anywho, here's a random rainbow picture that I took in Preston, Idaho. We were probably helping out with the house. (His brother and his family live there). We looked out the window and saw this beauty:
Also, this is a random note, but something I didn't mention in the last post. I was able to see my good friend Tahlia about a month or so ago. She came up to Logan and we went out to lunch at the Center Street Grill and then went and got some Aggie ice cream (I'm still trying to persuade her that Aggie ice cream is better than BYU ice cream). It was good to see her and catch up with her.
Here is a picture of us by the Aggie sign, she wanted it in the background.
Don't mind me in the picture, it's not a very good picture of me.
Well, that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully I'll post sooner than later next time.
Shosone Falls is BEAUTIFUL!! Man, I want to go there! I'm so happy that Niels found a job and you guys are on your way to settling down in good ol' Idaho!! I hope that everything continues to go well and this semester passes fast so you can move up there with him!
ReplyDelete