thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catch Up

It has been a month and a half since I last wrote and there hasn't been too much that has gone on, but I'll let you know the couple things that have gone on. On July 22, our good friends Kwin and Megan got married in the Manti Temple. We are very happy for them!

Here is a picture of them


Niels and I and another couple that are friends of ours, Nate and Lori, were the first to arrive to the luncheon after the sealing ceremony. We were fine with that because there were some great things to do. There was this awesome playground and here are a couple of pictures of playing on it.
Nate and Lori on the teeter totter (spelling?)

Niels and I


Nate on this swinging thing (when I tried this, I almost fell off, head first)


It was a great day for Kwin and Megan but for us as well. We were able to see great friends and have fun.

Here's a picture of the Manti Temple that I took in the car


Moving on, I finished my practicum at the assisted living center on August 5th. It was bittersweet. I had to keep back the tears a few times that day. I really enjoyed working with the residents and with the other staff. Luckily, I might be able to get a job there for about 6 hours a week until I'm done with school in December. It would be good for just a little extra money for gas for the car and to also to continue to work the people I grew to care about.

Because I finished my practicum, I was able to spend two weeks with Niels up in Idaho. It was GREAT!!!! I loved every minute of being with him. We went house hunting in Twin Falls and so far we have looked at about 15 houses and I just want to be done with it. I've always hated looking at places to live, just from experience from college. But we are looking at all our options and everyone is saying to take our time. I'm just worried because I won't have much time when school starts, just the weekends mainly when I'm not doing homework. But I hope before November, which is when our prequalification end (and we would have to redo that), we will be able to find a house of our own.  We did find our dream house, but it is way out of our price range, maybe one day we'll be able to live there or place similar to it.

I'm now back home without Niels. It is hard. I wouldn't wish this on any married couple. But we try to make every minute worth it when we see each other on the weekends. I need to start preparing for my last semester of school which starts next week and I also need to get packing. I hope I can get everything done like I need to. Anyways, that is about everything that has been going on with us. Maybe next time I get on  here I'll have a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment