thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A New Adventure In Life

Okay, so it has been a month and a half since I last wrote on here. So much has happened since then. There were two graduations that we went to, one of which was for Niels' sister Joelyn from Snow College with her Associates Degree. It was so strange to be back on that campus inside buildings. It brought back so many memories of my days there. It feels like forever ago, but just yesterday that I was attending Snow College. I am proud of Joelyn and all that she has accomplished there.

Here is a picture of everyone who went to her graduation


The next weekend, Niels became a graduate as well. He finally got his Bachelors Degree! I am very proud of him as well. He has worked and studied hard to provide for us. He is such a great husband and I appreciate him so much and all that he has done. It is crazy that he is all done with school and I wish I was too and that I switched my major sooner. Luckily, I will be done in December.

Here is a picture of Niels after just walking on stage (Better ones to come at a later time).



I started my practicum at Terrace Grove Assisted Living on May 9th, although my hours didn't start counting until May 16th because that is when the summer semester started. I enjoy it so much. I am with recreational therapy (activities) so I get to play all day with the elderly:). On May 13th, our friends Nate and Lori finally got married. Here is a picture of them:


While we were waiting for them to come out, this is who we saw:

Elder Christofferson


I hurried and sneakily took this picture and he didn't even know. Niels said I did an evil laugh after I took the picture because it was so unnoticeable. I just laughed because I did it so nonchalantly and he knew we were waiting for a couple to come out so if he saw me, he could have thought I was getting ready for Nate and Lori.

We have another pair of friends that are getting married in July. They had me take a picture of them in front of the fountain at the Logan Temple while we were waiting, so here they are:

Kwin and Megan


We just got some exciting news, Niels got a job up in Twin Falls, Idaho. He's starting on June 20th. It will be hard though, but things are working out and we have looked at all our options and feel good about what we have decided to do. Since I'm doing my practicum until the end of the first week of August, I will be alone for the week (that's just how it is unfortunately, we don't like it). We will switch every other weekend of who will go where. Niels will be staying with his sister Melanie in Burley and will just commute to Twin Falls, since it's only about 45 minutes away. When I go up for the weekends, we will go house/apartment searching. And when I get done with my practicum, I will be up there for a couple of weeks and we'll continue searching for a place to live if we haven't found anything by then. I'll move up during Labor Day weekend. We figured out how to finish up my schooling. I checked the schools close by, but they don't offer what I'm doing, so I'm taking two online classes and then the other two that aren't online, I'll be taking on campus at Utah State. Those two classes are Tuesday to Thursday (one class is Tuesday and Thursday and one class is Wednesday evening). I'll stay with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (Niels brother) or my sister while I'm done for those couple of days. I can study for these classes and do my online classes as well while I'm on campus. I of course will do my online classes when we find another home. Things are working out pretty good right now and I know that our Heavenly Father is aware of our situation and has let us figure out what is best for us. We both felt comforted with this option and with this job that Niels accepted. There is so much in store for us right now and in the near future, it's excited and scarey all at the same time.

One more thing, Susan comes home from her mission this following Tuesday and I'm so excited! Dad and Linda went to pick her up and have been with her for about a week now. I can't wait to speak French with her and to catch up on life with her. She's so great! Well, you're pretty much caught up with everything that is going on in our lives now. Hopefully I won't take so long to write again.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun, Sarah! Neils getting a job right out of college and Susan coming come! That's great!

    ReplyDelete