thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This year, we went down to St. George to be with my mom for Mother's Day. It has been a few years since we have been with her for that day, so we decided to go be with her. We got down on the Friday before Mother's Day, in the afternoon. We went and took some pictures by the red rocks and mom sat in the car while we took pictures. Here are the pictures...


We also saw this little critter while walking around.

After that, we just had a nice peaceful evening and watched Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Saturday, we went fishing up in Pine Valley with Uncle David. We were up there from about 12:30 to 6:00 pm. It was fun. Mom just read a book, while us three fished. We would have been done a lot sooner, but the fish were small, so we had to keep throwing them back. I caught a total of 9, but I was only able to keep 2 fish. Uncle David caught his limit (4 fish) within 2 hours. Niels kept 4 out of the several he caught as well. But, I caught the biggest out of all of them, I got a 12 incher! Uncle David got a 10 incher and the rest were all around 8 inches long. It was such a fun day to be out in the mountains with family. When we got back to mom's house, we had a fish fry, and the fish was tasty! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the fish we caught.

Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day in the morning before church. I made mom a salve and I found it here. It was really easy to make and although the ingredients are expensive to buy, they can be reused a few more times for other things or to make more of the salve. I only used 4 of the essential oils that the recipe says to use, I used Frankincense, Lavender, Melaleuca, and Eucalyptus. These 4 oils are good for different things such as asthma, arthritis, and diabetes, which my mom has all three. Anyways, after church, we had dinner and then we talked for a little bit before we left for home. It was a really nice and beautiful day, even though it rained off and on the ride home. Here is a picture of me and my mom...


On the way home, we stopped in Salt Lake to visit with dad and Linda a little bit and had a little something to eat before we got back on the road. It was nice to visit with them and with Grandma and Grandpa Evans. We talked to Grandma Walton on the phone when we were arriving in Salt Lake and wished her a Happy Mother's Day. I just love my family and all my motherly examples that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment