Thursday April 24th, my brother got married. They were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and it was a beautiful sealing. The sealer was really inspired because he said exactly what they needed to hear. The spirit was strong and I'm so happy it was. I'm so happy for Joe and Tanya and I'm grateful to have another sister. The weather was beautiful as well, slightly cloudy, a little windy, but it was nice. Poor Tanya was not feeling well in the morning, so they weren't able to get a whole lot of pictures by themselves around the temple. I hope they go back another day and take pictures so they have some of them two.
After all the pictures were done at the temple, Niels and I ran to my dad's house changed, packed up everything we needed to take to the reception, and then went straight to the reception center to help set up. We got there and hauled everything we needed for decorating and started Tanya's family set up. We hadn't eaten all day, so towards the end, Lydia, Tanya's best friend and a friend we know from our USU singles ward days, said she would take over finishing the flowers(you see, I did all the flowers except for a few that they ordered in), so we could go get something to eat. The reception center is also a golf club as well, so we just went to the cafeteria and ordered a couple of cheeseburgers and shared some fries. It was mighty tasty and it was nice to relax for a minute.
The bridesmaid's bouquets-I did all the bouquets, all the bouquets except the orange and green are a mixture of fake and real flowers. the orange and green are all real flowers and the blue bouquet is 99.5% real.
The bride's bouquet
I made these next 3 floral arrangements
My awesome brother-in-law, Kendrick, made all the boutonnieres, here are the 4 of the 6 groomsmen flowers...
The groom's boutonniere (Tanya's dad's looked the same) and the mothers', grandmother, and aunt corsage...Didn't Kendrick do awesome on all of these?! He just did what I had written on a piece of paper of what I wanted.
Lydia did this mason jar and an other mason jar floral arrangement. She did awesome too and was a great help!
I made this swag to go above the arch a week and a half before the wedding.
Bouquet Toss
The cake...It was cute in person. Her theme was Disney princesses and her favorite is The Little Mermaid, hence the under the sea cake.
The tables were from different Disney Movies, these are just 5 of the tables.
Tanya's immediate family and an aunt who is like her second mother.
New Sisters!!!
1st Dance
Father/Daughter Dance
Congratulations Joe and Tanya!









No comments:
Post a Comment