thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Niels and I don't like going out in public on Valentine's Day because it's just too crowded wherever we go. We always stay  home and I make a nice dinner and then we do an activity together. Well this year, we decided to have fondue since it's been forever since we have broken out our fondue dishes (I think the last time we had it was when we were still in Logan). I wanted to do something fun for Niels and I thought long and hard of what to get him. I decided that his gift would be our first date with a twist since our first date was on Valentine's Day 5 years ago. I say that it's going to be like our first date with a twist because we had Spaghetti for dinner when we had our first date and we went to a high school play of Peter Pan.

The week of Valentine's Day I went shopping and I got him a game (Ticket To Ride-the card game) from an awesome toy/game store here in Twin, then I went to Target and got him Peter Pan and a couple of treats to have while watching it. I was super excited for his gift and I may have gone a little over board with buying a game, but I knew he would enjoy it (or I hoped it would be). I had to keep myself from not giving it to him before Valentine's Day because when I get excited, I want to give the gift right away. When he finally was able to open it on Valentine's Day, he was speechless. He had no idea what I was going to give him but he didn't even think it would be a reenactment of our first date (with a twist). I'm so happy that he liked his gift and it was a wonderful night. We had our fondue dinner (http://saracoloradorecipespot.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheese-fondue-non-alcoholic.html) and I made homemade strawberry shortcake (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/strawberry-shortcake-recipe3.html) and it was so yummy, we played Ticket To Ride next to our fire in our wood burning stove, and then we watched Peter Pan. It was just a nice low key date night that I enjoy doing each Valentine's Day.

I should probably also say what he got me...instead of going to the floral shop and getting flowers each year, he always gets me a plant (which I love). This year he gave me an Azalea Tree and it's beautiful. I still need to figure out how to best take care of it and if I could plant it in my yard (you see, it's little). He also got me a bag of assorted Lindt chocolates which is one of my favorite chocolates. You can't beat European chocolate. I wish I had taken pictures during our date, but I didn't but I will remember this Valentine's Day date for a long time. I love celebrating love!

Saturday, the day after Valentine's Day, we went down to Burley because we bought a couple of tickets for the Sweethearts Dinner that the Boy Scouts put on for their fundraiser. We bought them from Porter and he helped serve our table dinner. He was so cute, but you could tell he didn't want to be there. We had salad, chicken cordon bleu, beans, baked potato, and a roll. Then for dessert we had brownies a la mode. It all tasted wonderful and divine and I definitely ate too much. It was great to help Porter out and to have two yummy Valentine's Day dinners.

Before and after the dinner Niels was helping one of Melanie's new lambs try and feed from the mom because it wasn't able to latch on. She has several new lambs and they were cute. It was a nice and busy day on that Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment