I went over on Sunday morning to help everyone get ready for church and then we went to our ward because I had to teach and Niels was singing in a men's quartet during sacrament meeting. After church, I had to run home to pack our stuff to take over because we were gone all day Saturday in Burley. Sunday went pretty smooth because Niels was there most of the day. Monday was easy too because there was no school since it was Presidents Day. It was nice out so Hans wanted to play outside a lot, so I went with him.
The rest of the week, I was pretty tired because I would get up between 5:45 and 6:00 in the morning to get ready and then wake up 2 kids to get them off to school. Then during the day I helped home-school two kids. Niels left at 6:30 to take Sydney to early morning seminary. We were up a lot earlier than we usually get up, so it was hard on us. Then at 3 I would leave to go pick up the three kids from school then I had to start on dinner and some nights there were kids with extracurricular activities so we would have to take them to their activities. We tried our best to have the kids in bed by 8:30 at the latest but we had to go back a few times to tell them to stop playing around and go to sleep. It was definitely an eye opener of what we would be doing if we ever are blessed with children. There were times where I felt that there was a reason why we didn't have any children, but then I had to remind myself that you're usually not thrust into 6 children at once. There were also times where I thought how terrible I was and how I acted certain ways they did when I was growing up, so I apologized to my dad when I called him Sunday evening. But they behaved very well and Hans was fine with us all week long which surprised us because he's 2 and we had only met him and the other kids a couple of times before we watched them.
Amanda and Jason got back Friday evening so we talked for a little bit to let them know how it went and then we went home to clean up a little bit because Susan and Kendrick were on their way up for the weekend. It was nice having them up here, I always enjoy spending time with Susan and it was nice to get to know Kendrick a little bit better. I think Niels and Kendrick bonded while they were up here. We showed them around town (even though Susan has seen the spots that we took them to see). We took them to the Perrine Bridge and Shoshone Falls. I knew the falls were going to be not very full, but they were hardly there. It has been such a dry winter it won't get very big and beautiful this summer either.
Susan and Kendrick left Sunday evening and I was sad to see them off, but I'm happy they came up and visited us. As you could see, we were very busy last week, but it was great.
The rest of the week, I was pretty tired because I would get up between 5:45 and 6:00 in the morning to get ready and then wake up 2 kids to get them off to school. Then during the day I helped home-school two kids. Niels left at 6:30 to take Sydney to early morning seminary. We were up a lot earlier than we usually get up, so it was hard on us. Then at 3 I would leave to go pick up the three kids from school then I had to start on dinner and some nights there were kids with extracurricular activities so we would have to take them to their activities. We tried our best to have the kids in bed by 8:30 at the latest but we had to go back a few times to tell them to stop playing around and go to sleep. It was definitely an eye opener of what we would be doing if we ever are blessed with children. There were times where I felt that there was a reason why we didn't have any children, but then I had to remind myself that you're usually not thrust into 6 children at once. There were also times where I thought how terrible I was and how I acted certain ways they did when I was growing up, so I apologized to my dad when I called him Sunday evening. But they behaved very well and Hans was fine with us all week long which surprised us because he's 2 and we had only met him and the other kids a couple of times before we watched them.
Amanda and Jason got back Friday evening so we talked for a little bit to let them know how it went and then we went home to clean up a little bit because Susan and Kendrick were on their way up for the weekend. It was nice having them up here, I always enjoy spending time with Susan and it was nice to get to know Kendrick a little bit better. I think Niels and Kendrick bonded while they were up here. We showed them around town (even though Susan has seen the spots that we took them to see). We took them to the Perrine Bridge and Shoshone Falls. I knew the falls were going to be not very full, but they were hardly there. It has been such a dry winter it won't get very big and beautiful this summer either.
Susan and Kendrick left Sunday evening and I was sad to see them off, but I'm happy they came up and visited us. As you could see, we were very busy last week, but it was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment