It was funny because I had a black wig on and nobody recognized me. Melanie was trying to figure out who was with Bonnie and when Niels got to the church in Burley, we were waving to him and he didn't recognize us. I was on the phone with him and told him where I was and he said he didn't see me. Andelyn ran up to him and brought him over to us and he realized it was me. After dinner was the trunk-or-treat. The kids were so excited! They kept running off. I had to keep grabbing Porter's hand and tell him we have to wait for mom, Andelyn, and William. After the trunk-or-treat, we went around the neighborhood by the church to go trick-or-treating. Apparently, it was too long because half way through, the kids were complaining they were tired, their feet hurt, and they want to go home. It really wasn't that long, but to little legs it is.
This was Porter's first year of really getting into Halloween and wanting to dress up. It was fun to go with them and see the excitement in their faces. I sometimes wish we could still see things as a little kid does, they just have a different outlook. Anyways, while going around the neighborhood, we saw this boy that made his costume to make it look like he was headless and holding his head in his hands. We told Porter to look at him, and when he finally looked, it took a second, and then he screamed. We all laughed, but we probably shouldn't have because Porter was scared. He saw other scary costumes, but didn't get afraid, but he didn't like this one at all. He's finally realizing that costumes and decorations are real, but this one costume for some reason made him feel like it was real.
After everything, we went back to Benton and Bonnie's house and Melanie was there to meet up with us. We took pictures and talked, then we left. It was a good Halloween and I definitely enjoyed spending it with family. Here are some pictures of all our costumes:
Benton was a 80's workout dude, William is a firefighter, Andelyn was a fairy, Haylee was a cow, Porter was a race car driver, and Bonnie was a cowgirl.
Niels was a tourist and I was a hula girl
No comments:
Post a Comment