He liked it! This was quite expensive but I felt like it would be useful to have and that it will be well used. It's a really good ladder and will last a long, long time.
For labor day, we went to Salt Lake to be with my family and we celebrated his birthday some more. Sunday night we had some chocolate cake that I made from scratch (Niels told me to do scratch because he likes the cakes I make from scratch). We didn't have ice cream because the cake was thought up on the whim. My grandma was staying with us that weekend and I didn't know when we would be taking her back on labor day. So, I made the cake so she could have some with us.
We went shopping on Monday with Linda and she had him pick out a new outfit. Here's the awesome outfit he got, which was all on sale/clearance (which is even better):
Isn't he cute?!
Linda also bought him a jacket, but that one was a secret. When he opened it up on his birthday, he enjoyed that as well. We were still in Salt Lake on Niels' birthday morning, because we had a couple of appointments. I woke up early to make him some breakfast. I took a tray to the room at first, just to surprise him, and then we went and ate in the kitchen. I made him bacon, eggs, toast, and hash browns with a cup of orange juice.
After eating, we got ready for the day and had to quickly leave to make it to our first appointment. We went to get our backs worked on, which felt nice! After our backs were back in place, we headed to Provo for our other appointment. At my last appointment with Dr. Thayne, in July, he recommended I go see this Dr. Victoria Sucher, to see how she could also help out. He has sent other patients there because she really knows her stuff (not that he doesn't). She actually is an endocrine specialists and the clinic she works at is both holistic, but also traditional medicine practicing. We're going more on the holistic side because I don't like the synthetic stuff and what it does to my body (never have enjoyed medicine). Anyways, we went to that appointment and I left with lab work paper work because the following day was my day 14 of the cycle. It needed to be that day to be able to check some of my hormones and see how high they are. I'll find out soon what the test said since I have a phone consultation with her about it. But enough of that.
We went to Holly's afterwards since we were in Provo and Joelyn came after her last class got over with and all had lunch together. I took this picture of baby Andrew because he is adorable!
Isn't that adorable?! He is such a cute baby and is pretty easy natured. We were at Holly's for a few hours and then realized the time and left. We had to stop by my parents' house to pick up Ginger and take the rest of my boxes that I had there. Then we went to Tooele to drop off a bag of wool for Melanie. And then we were off. We didn't get home until a little after 11:30 pm, so it was late! I apologized that it wasn't too special of a birthday but he said it was because he was able to spend all day with me and some other family. I love him and I am grateful we can spend many more of his birthdays together for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment