thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Whoa!

I know I'm not the best blogger and I'm sorry for that. I'm acting as if everyone reads my blog that I've invited, and I'm sure I only have a couple that really do read to see how life is with us. Life has been quite busy, with me finishing my last semester of college (Hallelujah!), to Niels working, for both of us commuting (mainly me),  to us in the process of finishing our things to do in the buying our house. Yes that is right, we have offered and they have accepted (almost a month ago) and now we're almost done. We just have to find an insurance place and we're waiting to hear back from the appraiser. It is about 10 minutes outside of Twin Falls, Idaho and so we were barely qualified for a rural development loan which means we don't have to put down a down payment. This was an answer to prayer because we wouldn't have been able to afford putting down  a down payment since that is what FHA loans make you do. We are super excited to finally move in and I'm super excited to not have to move for a very long time! We were hoping to move in next weekend, but we can't because even if we would have everything by this weekend, the sellers are going to be out of town all of next week so they couldn't sign the closing papers.

How did we find this house you ask? Well Niels' coworker found out that we were looking for a house, before we could start looking, and said that she had just put a house up for sale. Her mother-in-law passed away and it was her house. The first time we looked at it, we liked it a lot, but it was way over our price range so we didn't dare put an offer on it  because we didn't know if they would accept it. Well, nobody offered on it, so they lowered the price. We then felt like we had a good chance at getting it. That's when we went looking for loan qualifications. We still offered $19,000 below the new asking price, but they accepted it because they wanted someone who liked it and would take care of it. They also wanted to sell it before winter time.

What is the house like? Well I'll just tell you. It sits in the middle of an acre, it is an old farm house that was added on/remodeled about 15-20 years ago. There are 3 rooms, 2 baths, an office, a big kitchen, a mudroom/laundry room, a living room, and a family room. There is a huge built-inshelf  area in one of the hallways, a wrap around deck in the back, three apple trees, a huge flower bed and also a big garden space, there is a garage, and a shed. It has almost everything I wanted in my dream house. It is also Niels' dream house, probably to the T. We do have neighbors across the street and on one side of the house, but they aren't sitting on top of us like some neighborhoods are. The other side, and to the back of us is a big sugar beet farming field that the sellers own. Once we actually close on the house, I'll take some pictures of the house and then post them up here. We're hoping to finally move in the beginning of December.

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS SO AWESOME THAT YOU'RE BUYING A HOME!!! Sound like things are going very well for you guys! That makes me so happy! We need to get together sometime when you guys are here visiting your family! Maybe one day we'll be up in the twin falls area and will stop by. I've seen pictures of the waterfalls up there and they look be-u-tiful!

    ReplyDelete