thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

Memory of Grandpa

Today is the year anniversary of my Grandpa Walton's death. Last year I got a call from my dad, as I was getting ready for church, saying that grandpa had unexpectedly passed away in his sleep.  This came as a shock to me.

Me with Grandpa and Grandma Walton Christmass 2008


The reason it was such a shock is because he wasn't showing any signs of having health problems or anything. Grandpa was a sealer at the Salt Lake Temple and I was lucky enough to have him seal Niels and I just two weeks previous to his death.

Here I am with Grandpa and Grandma right before my reception started


Niels and I are so happy that we chose to get married during our spring break, because if we didn't, we wouldn't have had that amazing moment of grandpa officiating the sealing.  I miss grandpa so much. He was such a wonderful man. I can hear him laugh and see those beautiful twinkling eyes in my mind. He was such a role model to me. He loved my grandma so much. I recall a time that I was looking at a picture of grandma when she was young, probably a teenager, and he comes over and whispers to me "Isn't she beautiful!" He was always there for her and for all of my family. Now grandpa is waiting for all us to come reunite with him when it is our turn to pass on. But right now, I'm sure he's laughing and smiling (the things he always does) with his family and friends that passed on before him. I love you grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment