We aren't huge Valentine's Day celebraters, but, we did have a good time! In the morning, Niels went to the store to buy a couple of ingredients for the meal that I was gonna make for the evening. When he came back, he gave me a a red rose with baby's breath and green leafy things. I loved it! He doesn't give me flowers hardly ever, so when he does, it's a true treat. For dinner, I made chicken cordon bleu, the lazy way. I just stuck the ham and cheese on top of it instead of rolling it. I also made steamed broccoli and cauliflower, a salad, a baguette (the kind from Crumb Brothers that is pretty close to the French baguettes), and for dessert, I made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting. It was all so very yummy! For our drink, we had some Martinelli.
Notice the flower Niels gave me:) along with the meal.
This is Niels getting ready to feast:
Then, for the evening, we went and saw The Music Man!
This is one of Niels' all time favorite musicals. (They did a really great job on the production as well!) I got him these tickets for Christmas. I chose for Valentine's Day because our first date was Valentine's Day 2009. I sure did have a great day with Niels and it was fun to see him smiling and saying the words to The Music Man.
Looks like a really fun day, Sarah!! You guys are so cute! You're quite the cook, it looks yummy!
ReplyDelete