thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, September 30, 2012

This September

Well, it's the last day of the month. It has gone by super fast. For more than half of the month, we didn't have the laptop because it was being fixed from a bad hard drive and then we had to put the operating system and other stuff back on it because the Geek Squad at Best Buy didn't do it. Well, we had to order because when we got this computer back in April, they never gave us our discs for what they put on it. Anyway, that was the problem. Sometimes I just hate technology. 

This blog post will be about some of the activities we did. Labor Day weekend we were in Preston because it was the last time that all of Niels' family could be together before his parents left for their mission. We went to the temple the saturday morning and then Lois' side of the family came and had a reunion most of the day as well as starting on putting on the siding to the new garage and shed. Labor day itself was Niels' birthday. He is now 28! Which shows how old we are getting. Anyways, most of the day I was baking his cake and getting it ready. Our nephew 7 year old nephew Porter helped make the cake batter (chocolate) and he was so excited to help. Then I had some nieces help decorate the cake. Here are a couple of pictures of it (the butter frosting wasn't as thick as I should have made it, which is why it looks messy):


 
At the bottom of the cake are little parachute men that I got for all the nieces and nephews. The cake also turned out pretty good. It was a from a recipe that I hadn't used before.
 
Niels also got a new calling this month. He is now the Young Men's President and so the second weekend of September he had a stake scout training camp overnighter and so I went to visit my family. I was able to spend some time with my grandma, which was good because it has been a while since I've just visited with her and helped her.
 
On the 15th, we were invited to a Survivor night. I visit teach the lady and Niels hometeaches her family. It was fun. Her sister and brother-in-law hosted it so that her and her husband could be a part of it. Here are a couple of pictures of the night:
 

 
Last weekend, we went down to Preston to help with unloading the last of the belongings in to the shed and garage that Joel and Lois brought up from Monticello. They moved up all their belongings since they will be staying in Preston. They left for the MTC on the 24th and will be there for only a week and half. They leave this coming thursday if I remember correctly. Then they'll drive out to Ohio.
 
The past couple of weeks we have been canning. Yep, it's canning season again for us. We've canned peaches, peach jame, salsa, and chili sauce. We still need to do one more batch of peach jam, stewed tomatoes and possibly just whole tomatoes, and blanch and freeze our kale. I will be glad once it's all over with, but it's good to have the food storage. 
 
Oh, I just remembered, two Wednesdays ago the combined activity was a lip sync night where each class performed. Here is the video I took of the night that my Mia Maids were practicing:
 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment